Sunday, November 01, 2009

Ready?

2 Timothy 4:2 came to mind as I planned to rest a bit after the worship service at Santo Andre Holiness Church this morning. Someone sidled up to me and said, "I know this is last minute, but can you share some things at the youth and professionals Sunday School class?"

In case you might not know 2 Timothy 4:2 offhand, it says, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season."

"Absolutely," I answered, knowing that the prayers of many are accompanying me. Here was this morning's SS class.

Photobucket (Click to enlarge)

During lunch, I was able to meet with William and Wellington Tsutsumida about a possible JEMS Sports Ministry project to send a basketball team to Brazil in July 2010. They explored with me some of the challenges, but also the possibilities of bringing a tournament to pass in the city of São Paulo. This planning will be ongoing with our JEMS Director of Sports Ministry, Marc Takamine.

Photobucket
(L-R: Patricia, Wellington, PJ and William)

After a brief lunch, the meeting of the board was about to begin and I was also invited to meet with them. They expressed their great pleasure in receiving the Okada family to their church. Many hands were involved in making this possible. Most of those hands are connected to the people in this picture!

Photobucket

Tomorrow morning early, I will be traveling with Pr Maki Suzuki (seated, white shirt) to visit Acampamento Shalom where about 75 collegians are meeting for retreat during this 3-day weekend.

No comments: