Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Our Performance or God's Provision (Presence)

We're all influenced by the performance model in our lives. We were taught from the earliest ages that success and failure are based on our performance. If you do your work well, you will be rewarded. If you perform poorly, you will find no reward and perhaps even punishment. Performance appears to be the key to success. 

Unfortunately since reward is positive and punishment is negative, it became very easy to interpret relationships in the same way. Positive relationships come from good performance; negative from bad performance. I am accepted if I do well; rejected if I do poorly. I am loved if I do well; “unloved” if I don’t do well. 

You see how the process works. We could refer to this as “performance-based relationship.” Many people inherit that from their family values. 

A form of this performance system found its way into the Philippian church. It took the form of a performance-based spirituality. And we will learn what that means as we study Philippians 3:1-14

Full message online:

 

Message from May 22, 2016 - West Los Angeles Holiness Church

No comments: