Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer 2007 - What's First?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not “What Now?” The Question is “What’s First?”

The story is told of an eminent scholar named Huxley who had just finished a lecture series in London. After his last engagement, he was in a hurry to catch a train that would take him to his next speaking commitment. He left the hotel and jumped into a hansom cab.

Assuming that the driver had been told his destination by the hotel doorman, Huxley shouted, “Hurry . . . I’m almost late . . . Drive fast!” Then, tired from his day's labors, he settled back and closed his eyes for a few moments of rest.

The horse-drawn hansom rushed through the streets of the city. Before long, Huxley glanced out of the window and frowned as he realized that they were going west along the Thames River, away from the train station. Leaning forward, Huxley shouted up to the driver, “Do you know where you are going?”

Without looking back, the driver yelled, “No sir, I do not know where I am going. But I am going very, very fast!”

* * * * *

This account from the 1800’s could easily describe today’s fast-paced culture. We are often in a rush to get busy without first determining where we are going.

The graphic of the blueprint reminds us that before we undertake anything of importance, we must first establish a set of priorities, values and plans. Without this first step, our work can lose its way.

I invite you to learn about the blueprint for ministry development with JEMS. Please pray that God would have his hand on the reins of our ministry. That we might go where he wants us to go.
Please follow the links at the bottom of this entry. The following pages include pictures of my daughter's graduation and wedding!

No comments: