Monday, March 11, 2013

What's that you said?

Contrary to the general impression given by my Facebook photos, I don't just EAT in South America!  God has been gracious to open doors enabling me to speak in many churches.  During my mission ministry in January and February, I was preaching once or twice each Sunday and at various Bible studies, small groups and home visits during the week.  

On my last Sunday in the country (February 17), I was invited to preach in the Amazon city of Belém at one of the larger Nikkei churches there. (Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them).
     




Just below, please find a three-minute excerpt of PJ preaching in the city of Tupã in São Paulo state.  The message (in Portuguese) touches on the theme of remembering God's faithfulness.  It's rare that I have the opportunity to show my USA supporters and prayer partners some of what I have been privileged to do in South America.  



God has been so good to bless me with a language for which I received only three weeks of formal study.  When people ask how the language ability came about, I tell them that the language is a gift from God.  I am convinced that God provided the language in answer to my specific prayer to communicate the gospel of Jesus Christ.  

Don't misunderstand.  I don't speak perfectly.  Far from it.  But God has made it possible for me to communicate in a way that people understand the message.  Nonetheless, to gain more fluency, there is the need to continue investing in personal study (grammar, vocabulary) in order to better share the good news that is found in God's Word.

Won't you also consider an investment in making Jesus known in South America?  Take a moment to visit the JEMS financial support link to indicate your support of my ministry.  Your gift to the John Katagi fund, (sub-category under "South America International Ministry") is much appreciated.  Link.    


Acknowledgement:  Thank you to the Brazil Evangelical Holiness Church in Tupã, São Paulo state, for recording this message.  

Posts that you may like to see:


No comments: