I'm leaving Asuncion in a few hours (I have to be at the Silvio Pettirossi International airport 2 hours ahead of my 5am departure time).
It was a wonderful weekend of ministry and relationship building that included a meeting with Paraguayan Nikkei relatives, who are related through my late father. "Yoku niteru" (looks alike) was a common expression during that emotional time.
It is a blessing to know that connections were made that will perhaps enable my relatives to come to know the Lord through the ministry of the Asuncion Nikkei church. I am not ashamed to admit that I needed a walk in the garden of the family home in order to wipe tears away. God is not only concerned to reach nameless (to us) people in South America, he also has a heart to reach my unsaved family members as well!
Please pray as I head to Sao Paulo this early Monday morning to catch a connecting flight to Londrina. I will take a bus from Londrina on Tuesday to the city of Pompeia to begin discussions about a basketball team ministry to Brazil next July. I return to Londrina on Wednesday to catch another flight to Sao Paulo on Wednesday early evening.
Plane bus car in the next two days. Please pray for safe travel.
Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment