Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thank you for praying today!

Your prayers for a good meeting are much appreciated. My meeting with the denominational superintendent went very well. I had only met him once before at a distance and have never had an extended conversation with him. But I found our time sprinkled with grace and openness.

He felt at ease to share his perceptions of JEMS, both positive and challenging. But he also did so with much kindness and humility. This looks to be a great partnership.

My meeting with the superintendent was followed by meeting and dinner with the pastor of the Jordanopolis Church where Lee Ann Yabuki and Ken Fong (NorCal Ken) once served. I have always been blessed by my conversations with Pastor Shigueru.

When I spoke of my own journey of restoration and how I had been encouraged and supported by Pr Jairton, Shigueru said "Pastor Jairton's wife's family lives around the corner!"

What a small world! And of course, we went to visit. Unfortunately no one was home.

I still remember Pr Jairton saying to me on the day we met, "God's grace isn't for perfect people, it's for us in the times we most deeply fail." It's so true. How often as God's people have forgotten that.

I expect that as a result of our conversation tonight that we will receive a request for a JEMS worker from this church in Jordanopolis. I pray that the message of God's love and grace can be shared with this community.

No comments: