These are the fundamental principles by which JEMS South America operates. We cannot be effective or successful without these attitudes.
I've come to this conclusion after many years of service in Brazil. One of the families who made this partnership possible was the Yuasa family. Pr Key (pronounced "kay") provided JEMS with the introductions and open doors that made much of the ministry in the 1990's possible.
Tuesday evening, I had the joy of having dinner with Pr Key's daughter, Gabriela (Gaby for short). Three and a half months ago, Gaby and her husband Marcos welcomed twin boys to their family. I got to meet one of them - he happened to wake up early for a midnight feeding.
I've known Gaby since 1990 when I made my first visit to Brazil. We were quickly friends due to her ability to speak English and her very gracious spirit. We later worked together in team collaborations to create new ministry models such as English camp and other programs. Most JEMS alums who worked in São Paulo in the early 1990´s would have met or worked with her.
Partnership, collaboration and common ground are sometimes also accompanied by good friendship. When that happens, you can consider yourself really blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment