Please pray for the ministry of Pastor John at JEMS as he mobilizes teams to serve in South America and Japan. -------- "I lift up my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." - Psalm 121
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Missions isn't just about serving
As I sat in on the Asunción church's choir rehearsal tonight, I was blessed to see the way that God is using Pastor Koki and Mari in this city. God has given him wonderful music ministry gifts that make a non-musical guy like me just sit in awe with my two left thumbs. He doesn't just play, he PLAYS! It's great to see.
I thought about the July Paraguay Project and how we might tend to see the ministry as an expression of our service and sacrifice to the Lord. But then I realized that in the few days that I have been with Pr Koki that I have learned and grown so much in my understanding of ministry, people and the Lord because of his example.
And there it is! If you make the decision to come with JEMS to Paraguay, I'm convinced that you will be taking a giant step forward in your spiritual growth and development! Serving in Asunción and Pirapó will include the special privilege to serve side-by-side with someone with a wonderful heart for God and people.
Perhaps that's just what you're looking for at this point in your life? To take that next step of faith and growth in your walk with the Lord?
God bless you as you consider the possibilities of doing this in Paraguay in July 2009.
Please check back later as I try and figure out how to upload a video of the rehearsal to youtube. The internet is finicky in this country.
PJ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment