Monday, October 06, 2008

Party (fiesta) Paraguayan Nikkei Style

Rule 1: Those invited to the fiesta are not required to arrive on time.

Rule 2: Refer to Rule 1.

I kid. We had a wonderful home fellowship at the Nowada's on Sunday night as we celebrated Pr Koki's birthday and the Asunción group gave me a welcome party.

Now about this, I'm not kidding! The week had been filled with so much travel (me) and other commitments (them), there wasn't the chance to have a welcome earlier than two days before I was leaving. I mentioned to Pr Koki whether it wouldn't be better to call it a "farewell" party, but he wouldn't have it. There can be no farewells without a genuinely warm Paraguayan welcome. I'm completely okay with that.

Not a ministry night per se, but there were approximately eight people who came to the event who are new to the fellowship of the group. It is a good opportunity to cultivate friendships.


Photobucket
Pastor Koki is a man of many talents. Including churrasco!


Photobucket

It's not obvious, but these folks are standing by the bbq waiting for the first steaks to be cut up and served. Meat off the grill is the most delicious. And I have to say that Paraguayan beef is pretty primo!

Photobucket

Yoshizaki brothers, Noriyuki and Sadato.

Photobucket

Yuki, Masayuki, Aya and Nobu.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Pray for these three who have yet to make a decision.

Photobucket

All moms freak out on the count of 3.

Photobucket

Pastor Koki's wife, Mari and her brother, Sadato

Photobucket

Celebrating with Pr Koki

Photobucket

Japanese language school volunteer teachers. Please pray for their salvation as well. But please thank God that Pr Koki and Mari have contact with them.

A fun night was had by one and all! Praise God for this group who are the foundation of the Asunción Nikkei church's future.

No comments: