I'm pleased with this Asunción mission because it revealed some new realities for me regarding the criteria for ministry in Paraguay. I am also pleased to have reconnected with many of the children and students to whom JEMS has ministered to in Paraguay over the years.
Among them are Tomoe, Eiji and Yuri. They participated in Bible studies that I held in Pedro Juan Caballero in the early to mid-1990s. Though they are not walking with the Lord right now, my prayer is that their hearts may be turned back to Jesus.
Tomoe
Eiji and Yuri
I was also able to meet a distant relative. Let's see if I can explain this. This woman's father is the son of my father's mother's cousin. I think that's right.The boys are this woman's sons. And as these boys walked up to us, Pr Koki gasped and said, "Yoku niteru!" Meaning that he saw the family resemblance. I know that we are distant relatives at best, but resemblance? Do you see it? (No comments about the tummy!)
Sometimes we forget that we as the church are related. Our common connection is in our relationship with Jesus Christ. It's in this way that we share a common spiritual heritage with the Christian family in Paraguay. It would be wonderful to hold a "family" reunion in Paraguay next year. To share our common and unique identity together in Jesus Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment